About Community Leaders
The Community Leaders Program exists to help College Possible students earn degrees by strengthening their campus connections through a supportive peer network.
College Possible is seeking current college students to serve as Community Leaders for the 2020-2021 school year.
Fall + Spring Events
- Share, promote, and attend 2-3 events per semester (collectively)
- At the event, give brief introduction of self, interests, and campus involvement
- Facilitate peer to peer conversations and provide space for students to attend the event as a group
Social Media Promotion
- Promote Facebook group to College Possible contacts
- Rotate with other coaches and leaders to provide posts about relevant content, ideas and opportunities on campus
- Generate interest in existing campus events or programs
- Attend Launch! and help host breakout sessions with incoming community leaders
- Choose to attend one professional development opportunity (Career Development Conference or Soar)
- Must attend University of MN-Twin Cities, Metropolitan State University, St. Catherine University, Hamline University, or Minnesota State University-Mankato
- Must be engaged in a campus group or organization
- Must be currently enrolled and plan to be enrolled through spring 2021
- Must be in good academic standing (i.e. not on probation)
- Exemplary responsiveness to college coach and participation in College Possible program
- Actively engaged in at least one student group
- Open-minded leader, accepting of peers of all backgrounds and identities
- Motivated self-starter, passionate about the success and engagement of College Possible students
- Access to and proficiency with major social media platforms (Snapchat, Facebook & Twitter)
- Networking opportunities: Meet professionals in different fields and staff from College Possible, as well as fellow and prospective students.
- Development of your leadership skills: Hone skills for generating interest in community building events through multiple media platforms.
- The opportunity to shape this program and support other College Possible students: Community Leaders is a new College Possible initiative and your feedback will make this program engaging and effective for future students transitioning to college.
- A great addition to your resume: Not only can you add this position to your resume, you can also utilize the contacts you make as future references for jobs or grad school.
Apply to become a Community Leader!
Questions? Contact Julia Kreger, College Program Coordinator, at JKreger@CollegePossible.org.
Community Leader: University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
“I really want to give back and help other students who walk a similar path as I have….We have meetings with other Community Leaders and come up with a lot of great ideas for activities and whatnot, but also highlight the main focus of trying to bring a community closer together.”
Community Leader: University of St. Catherine
Enjoys planning “de-stress” events, like going to a movie as a group or getting together for food.