About Community Leaders
The Community Leaders Program exists to help College Possible students earn degrees by strengthening their campus connections through a supportive peer network.
College Possible is seeking current college students to serve as Community Leaders for spring and fall 2019.
- Plan and implement College Possible community events in collaboration with coaches, including a spring gathering, student welcome visits in August/September 2019 and a fall gathering
- Participate in leadership development opportunities such as LAUNCH! senior breakout sessions, the Career Development Conference and Shaking It Up for Students networking night
- Facilitate College Possible student engagement on campus via social media communication and in-person support
- Provide formal and informal feedback to Community Leaders Coordinator and coaches
- Must attend University of MN-Twin Cities, Metropolitan State University, St. Catherine University, Hamline University, Century College, Minnesota State University-Mankato or Concordia University-St. Paul
- Must be currently enrolled and plan to be enrolled through fall of 2019
- Must be in good academic standing (i.e. not on probation)
- Exemplary responsiveness to college coach and participation in College Possible program
- Open-minded leader, accepting of peers of all backgrounds and identities
- Motivated self-starter, passionate about the success and engagement of College Possible students
- Access to and proficiency with major social media platforms (Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter)
- Networking opportunities: Meet professionals in different fields and staff from College Possible, as well as fellow and prospective students.
- Development of your leadership skills: Hone skills for how to plan outcomes-based events, develop an understanding of how to motivate others and practice your public speaking.
- The opportunity to shape this program and support other College Possible students: Community Leaders is a new College Possible initiative and your feedback will make this program engaging and effective for future students transitioning to college.
- A great addition to your resume: Not only can you add this position to your resume, you can also utilize the contacts you make as future references for jobs or grad school.
Apply to become a Community Leader!
Questions? Contact Kaity Sharp, College Program Coordinator, at KSharp@CollegePossible.org.