Since its inception 18 years ago, College Possible has been focused on using data to drive and improve outcomes for students and partners. The newest program in the College Possible portfolio, Catalyze tracks and reviews the results of its programming in support of continuous improvement of service, curriculum and coaching for the campuses and students we serve.
Our data team has analyzed outcomes for the 2017-18 academic year and we are excited to share this information:
- Average of 5.8 successful (two-way) interactions between each student and their coach; average of 7.9 interactions for first-year students.
- Average of 2.9 in-person interactions between each student and their coach; average of 4.2 in-person interactions for first-year students.
- Overall 76.3% annual (fall-to-fall) retention rate. This compares to a rate of 68.3% for Pell students across all four campuses – an increase of 12%.
- The annual retention rates for College Possible students at all institutions were higher than Pell comparison groups by 3.9, 3.4 and 1.4 percentage points, respectively.
- At two institutions, annual retention rates for College Possible students were also higher than the average retention rate for all of their students, eliminating the opportunity gap between low-income students and their higher-income peers.
We are grateful for the collaborative relationships with our partners and their commitment to working with us to reduce the barriers to student success! As we partner with more colleges and universities across the country in 2019, we look forward to a day when the future of America’s children is determined solely by their talent, motivation and effort.